Residential Care Homes
This programme has been developed from the National End of Life Care Programme’s ‘Route to Success in End of Life Care – achieving quality end of life care in care homes.
The same intense facilitation is used as with the GSFCH programme. The main difference is that the programme is web-based on the St Christopher’s Hospice website. All materials are downloaded by residential care home managers from the website following which a practice development nurse specialist from the Care Home Project Team will help to implement the systems.
- Step 1 – Assessment, care planning, review
- Step 2 – Discussions as the end of life approaches
- Step 3 – Care in the last weeks/days of life
- Step 4 – Care after death
- Step 5 – Delivery of high quality care
- Step 6 – Good Co-ordination of care