There will be live music, entertainment, a BBQ, a beer tent and refreshments at the recreation ground. So why not get together with family, friends, colleagues, your club mates and join us for this special day?
All routes on the walk start and finish at Cudham Recreation Ground and there are refreshment stops along the way.
Walks can be started anytime between 9am and 2pm, except the seven and nine mile walks which must be started between 9am and 12 noon. We do not need to know in advance what walk you wish to complete. Maps and instructions are picked up on the day and all routes are signposted and marshalled.
Routes for all abilities
You don’t have to be super fit to take part. There are routes for all abilities (3, 5, 7 & 9 miles).
Well behaved dogs are also very welcome! The Downe routes are more dog-friendly.
Prams and wheelchairs
All walks use stiles and kissing gates, so unfortunately are not suitable for prams or wheelchairs.
There is plenty of free car parking available at Cudham Recreation Ground.
Stagecoach London will kindly be providing a free of charge shuttle bus from Orpington train station on the day. We will update you nearer the time via the email address you provided the exact timetable of this shuttle service. It will be approximately every hour.
Your registration fee goes towards covering the cost of running the Bluebell Walk. We would love you to fundraise as much as you can to help us continue our essential services and work within our community.
Setting up a JustGiving page
One of the most effective and simplest ways to fundraise is to set up a JustGiving page.
It takes less than two minutes to enter your details, and another couple of minutes to share on your Facebook page.
There is no minimum sponsorship for this event, but it would be great if everyone that participates could try to raise at least £50 each.
Set yours up here today or download a sponsorship form.
If you are interested in supporting the Bluebell Walk as a volunteer, on the day, by helping us to set up and sweep the routes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What time and activities will be involved in as part of this volunteer role?
There are lots of ways you can help make our Bluebell Walk a great day for everyone involved. When signing up to volunteer you can choose what role you would like to do.
- Promotion – help needed to circulate flyers in our local high streets in Marcah and April for a few hours
- Route marker – help needed to put up signage along the route on Friday 27 April 2018 for about 4-6 hours. Walk the route whilst carrying a rucksack and equipment (everything is provided) to put up signs to ensure walkers follow the route safely and don’t get lost. You will be with a member of staff.
On the day – Sunday 29 April 2018
- Event setup 6.30am-9am: Help setup the event site at Cudham Recreation Ground. Set up refreshments, registration and t-shirts marquees.
- Event breakdown 4.30pm – 6.30pm: Help take everything down at the end of the day.
- Route Sweeper: We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to walk the route after our last walkers have set off. Timings vary dependent on route – starting between 1.30pm – 3.30pm. Each sweeper will walk a maximum of 5 miles.
You can pick up your Bluebell Walk t-shirt at the following designated collection days at either St Christopher’s Hospice in Sydenham or St Christopher’s Bromley (Day Centre) in Orpington.
If you signed up before Tuesday 13 February your t-shirt will be free. If you signed up after this date t-shirts are £5.
To save postal costs we do not send t-shirts and they are not available prior to the event outside of these date. You will also be able to collect your t-shirt at the event on 29 April. These are subject to availability.
St Christopher’s Hospice, 51-59 Lawrie Park Road, Sydenham SE26 6DZ
- Saturday 24 March, 11am-4pm
- Thursday 5 April, 4.30pm – 7.30pm
- Sunday 15 April, 11am-4pm
St Christopher’s Bromley, Caritas House, Tregony Road, Orpington, Kent BR6 9XA
- Wednesday 21 March, 11am-6pm
- Tuesday 3 April, 11am -6pm
- Wednesday 18 April, 11am –6pm
Whether you’re unable to make it to the Bluebell Walk or would simply rather make a one-off donation instead of fundraising, we are so grateful for your support.
As a charity we need to raise £15million per year in order to continue to provide the care and support that so many people in our community rely upon. Thank you for helping us to do this.
Donate to Bluebell Walk