Creating an inclusive work environment
St Christopher’s Hospice is committed to embedding good diversity and inclusion practice into all of its activities so that the organisation becomes a richer and more diverse place to work.
Since October 2015, Ruth Sheridan Director of Supportive Care became the Equality and Diversity lead for St Christopher’s, with Mandy Piper-Killick HR Director responsible for Equality and Diversity insofar as this relates to staffing and recruitment.
Our main responsibilities include:
- advising on best practice in equalities – in particular ensuring the organisation is meeting its obligations under the Equality Act 2010
- developing strategy, policy and actions in relation to equalities
- providing support and guidance on cases of bullying, harassment and discrimination
- communicating with staff on the organisations inclusion practices
- initiating positive action initiatives such as mentoring schemes
- obtaining advice and support from relevant external equal opportunity associations
Workforce Race Equality Standard Analysis report
This Equality Analysis is used to help the organisation to understand the effects of its policies and practices on staff with different protected characteristics, in order to identify any improvements or amendments that might from time to time be required.