Law and Disorder Policy
- St Christopher’s advices supporters not to sell tickets in the street.
- Before fulfilling a request for additional tickets, we will check for any previous history of tickets bought or sold by the individual and make a judgement as to whether more books are sent. Our policy is to send additional books of tickets to a maximum face value of £60.00.
- Following each draw, for all additional tickets requested and sent out, we will carry out an audit to identify whether the individual has sent back payment and stubs, or has returned the additional books unsold. Where we have received neither, we will contact the individual to ascertain what has happened to the additional tickets.
St Christopher’s Policy on Fair and Open Draws
- St Christopher’s is registered with the Gambling Commission.
- The draw will be conducted onsite at St Christopher’s Hospice in public.
- Draws are conducted at random using a blind draw.
- Winners results are published on our website, information is also included in letters sent out to players. Winner’s information is also available on request.
- Rules are published on websites, on entry forms and the reverse of raffle tickets.
- Printed versions of rules are available on request.
- We have a complaints procedure in place.
Protection of Children and the Vulnerable
St Christopher’s has taken steps to ensure that our lotteries do not attract young people.
We have the following procedures in place to prevent under age players from participating in any lotteries promoted by ourselves;
- We do not use cold data.
- Where possible we check our database to ensure persons are above the legal age limit before data is supplied for the use of a lottery.
- The minimum age for play is detailed on all tickets and entry forms produced.
- Any player who provides dishonest information regarding their age automatically forfeits the right to any prize.
- Any player that is found to be under 16 years of age will have any monies paid in relation to the lottery returned to them.
- If in doubt, Experian Age Verification will be used to ascertain the age of the entrant.
- In the event that a request to cease mailing lottery packs is received from a vulnerable person’s carer, we would remove their details from our mailing database immediately.
St Christopher’s Players Queries and Complaints Procedure
- Initial complaints and queries are dealt with over the telephone by the members of the fundraising team.
- A telephone log sheet is completed at the time of the call, detailing the caller’s contact details, details of telephone adviser who took the call, nature of the complaint and how the complaint was resolved.
- The telephone log sheets will be kept on file for 3 years.
- If an initial complaint cannot be resolved, the complaint is logged and we will respond within 10 days.
- Initial complaints and queries to be responded to within 48 hours of receipt.
- All complaints are logged on the complaints log sheet, detailing the individual’s contact details, details of the administrator that has dealt with the complaint, the nature of the complaint and what steps were taken to resolve the complaint.
- The complaints log sheets and written complaints will be kept on file at for 3 years.
Responsible Gambling/ Problem Gambling Procedure
St Christopher’s has put in place the following procedures to encourage people to gamble responsibly and seek help should gambling become a problem;
- The GamCare helpline number and website address is included on all tickets and entry forms to lotteries. Our website address is included on all tickets.
- A page on our website is dedicated to encouraging people to gamble responsibly, and recognise the signs of problem gambling. We also include the GamCare’s helpline and website details for people to refer to should they need further help.
- There is a restriction in place on the number of ticket books or lottery numbers that can be allocated to an individual. The maximum is 6 lottery books per person.
- Players can request a self exclusion from our database for further lottery mailings.
- Players can request the number of books they would like for an individual lottery and also the number of lotteries they would like to participate in on a yearly basis.
- Through our membership of the Hospice Lotteries Association, St Christopher’s makes a contribution each year to help problem gambling via GamCare www.gamcare.org.uk.