Fundraising Event Helpers
Help us ensure our fundraising events run smoothly and all who attend have a great experience
Why we need your help
- To help us ensure our fundraising events run smoothly and all who attend have a great experience.
- To enable us to raise money to support our vision in which all dying people and those close to them have access to care and support, whenever and wherever they need it.
- Our fundraising events are a vital part of enabling us to continue our work.
Could you help at our upcoming events?
We are looking for marshals to cheer and motivate participants by covering one of the marshal points on the course. This crucial role ensures the event runs smoothly and participants feel motivated.
This role is perfect for team players with great communication skills who can use their initiative.
What time should you offer?
Our fundraising events occur throughout the year, usually on weekends. We will contact you as and when we need help with as much notice as possible. You’ll be able to choose the amount of commitment to suit your circumstances.
What activities will you be involved in as part of this volunteer role?
This can be varied but will typically include things like;
- Cheering St Christopher’s runners at events such as the London Marathon
- Marshalling a walk
- Manning a stand
- Selling raffle tickets
- Welcoming guests
- Handing out goody bags
- Decorating or setting up an event
Where will you be based?
This depends on the event. Either in the community, based in one of the five boroughs we cover. Or in central London for certain events.
What you can gain from volunteering in this role
- Join an enthusiastic team of people and get more involved in your local community
- Use and develop your skills, such as communication, customer service and event organisation, enhancing your CV
- Experience a wide range of exciting events, such as the Classic Car Show
- Know you are helping dying people in your local community have access to care and support, whenever and wherever they need it.
Training and support provided
- Health and safety briefings where needed
- Shown how to use any equipment as required
- Support from the Fundraising Team in the event lead up and on the day
What we are looking for
- Willingness to help at outdoor events, whatever the weather!
- Enjoys meeting and talking to people
- Ability to follow our policies and procedures to keep you, our staff, our patients and our events attendees safe
- Ability to represent St Christopher’s and our values positivity.
Anything else you need to know
- By applying for this role you will be contacted on a regular basis, as and when we need help with our events. There is no expectation of the number of events you help with; you’ll be able to choose the amount of commitment to suit your circumstances.
Please download the files below
Download full Fundraising Events Helper role description (docx)
Download Events Helper volunteer application form (docx)