Gardener, Caritas House, Orpington
We are looking for volunteers to help keep our gardens tidy and attractive
Why we need your help
Our gardens within our Bromley site provide a relaxing and reflective place for our patients, families and visitors to enjoy. We are looking for volunteers to help to keep them tidy and attractive.
The gardens surround the building and include a pond that over-looks our day center, our walk of life path and planting around the car park and walls.
What time should you offer?
Our existing volunteer gardening team meets on a Tuesday from 9.30am to 12.30pm, however these times are very flexible. It is not a requirement that you must attend every Tuesday.
What activities will you be involved in as part of this volunteer role?
General Gardening duties:
- Hedge trimming
Where will you be based?
St Christopher’s Bromley, Caritas House, Tregony Road, Orpington, BR6 9XA
What you can gain from volunteering in this role
- Join an enthusiastic team of people and get more involved in your local community
- Use and develop your skills
- Knowing you are helping to enhance the visit for our patients and their families
Training and support provided
- All abilities are welcome
- Support will be given to those who are not so “green fingered”
- Garden equipment and tools are provided and the training to use these safely and correctly
What we are looking for
- Good listener and clear communicator
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to follow our policies and procedures to keep you, our staff, our patients and our customers safe
- Ability to represent St Christopher’s and our values positivity.
- Good team player
- Use your own initiative
- Enthusiastic, whatever the weather!
Anything else you need to know
- There is a short settling in period to see if the role is right for you
- You must be 18 years old or over to do this role
- The volunteer role will be agreed with you following receipt of two references.
- You will need to always be appropriately dressed for garden duties (e.g. all weathers, strong footwear)
Please download the files below
Download full Gardener role description (docx)
Download volunteer application form (docx)