Shops Social Media Volunteer
Why we need your help
St Christopher’s has 21 charity shops across south east London. Last year our shops raised over £2 million making them a vital source of income for the hospice. We are looking for a creative individual to help us promote our shops on social media.
We feel that there is a lot more potential to promote our shops on social media and we need a volunteer to help us do so. This will help us to spread the word about what we do and raise vital funds for the hospice.
What time should you offer?
We are looking for someone to give 1-2 hours per week. This can be flexible depending on your schedule.
What activities will you be involved in as part of this volunteer role?
This volunteering role will involve travelling to our shops and working alongside shop staff and volunteers to produce great social media content to:
- Promote one-off sales, special discounts, high-value items and any events taking place in our shops
- Encourage people to buy and donate good quality items to their local shop
- Raise awareness of our shops – we want everyone to know where their local St Christopher’s shop is!
- Promote on Social media our eBay shop and the great deals that we offer online on a daily basis such as furniture, new goods, arts and antiques, high-end fashion items, collectibles and memorabilia (liaise with the E-Commerce Department)
You will need to be good at photography, confident using Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and be able to write engaging content for these channels.
You will be managed by our Digital Communications and Marketing team who will work with you to identify areas to promote on social media.
Where will you be based?
Our charity shops are spread across south east London. This volunteering role would require you to travel to one or two of these locations per week. Again this can be flexible depending on your schedule.
What you can gain from volunteering in this role
- Valuable experience working with St Christopher’s staff and volunteers to help raise vital funds for the hospice
- The opportunity to develop skills in visual merchandising and digital marketing.
What we are looking for
- You will need to be good at photography, confident using Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and be able to write engaging content for these channels
- Good listener and clear communicator
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to follow our policies and procedures to keep you, our staff, our patients and our customers safe
- Ability to represent St Christopher’s and our values positively.
Anything else you need to know
- There is a short settling in period to see if the role is right for you
- You must be 18 years old or over to do this role
- The volunteer role will be agreed with you following receipt of two references and a DBS check.
How to apply
Apply online now