Why St Christopher’s
St Christopher’s, in our experience, is an extraordinary place to work
There are lots of reasons why it is great to work at St Christopher’s:
- We have a fairly flat structure which makes it easy to thrive in a forward thinking, world leader in palliative care.
- We are known for being innovative and creative.
- We encourage staff to have good ideas, seek funding and ‘have a go’ as long as it contributes to our strategic objectives.
Our main site is at Sydenham, where we provide circa 40 inpatient unit beds. Our second site is based is in Orpington and is known as Caritas House. Both sites have beautiful gardens including water features and seated areas which can be enjoyed by both our patients and our staff
We are not just a Hospice, there is a lot more to us than meets the eye. We also have the following;
- 19 Charity Shops and an e commerce trading unit
- STC Personal Care Service
- A service for young adults
- A group for survivors of illness
- An end of life and dementia programme for care homes
- A co-ordination centre for those with advanced illness and frailty.
- A social programme in the evenings to bring more of the community into the Sydenham Hospice building.
- We also offer educational courses to international students and have developed a strong vocational training programme, playing a lead role to encourage other UK hospices to work with us
A great place to work
We are extremely fortunate to have so many dedicated staff working at St Christopher’s who work tirelessly to help St Christopher’s reach its goals.
Staff Benefits and Wellbeing Leaflet 2018
Our aim at St Christopher’s is to deliver care and support that is of the highest quality to our patients, their families and carers and anyone else who looks to us for help. We know that people working across our organisation will only be able to provide this if they in turn, feel supported in their endeavours.