Lottery 5000 Club Terms and Conditions
All profits from 5,000 Club go directly towards funding the hospice services of the St Christopher’s Group which help and support patients and their families and carers at no cost.
- Players must be 16 years old or over. The Gambling Act 2005 confirms that St Christopher’s Hospice Ltd has a statutory duty to verify that members and potential members are 16 or over, the minimum age allowed for anyone to play. It is an offense for anyone under the age of 16 to participate in a lottery. St Christopher’s will, where appropriate, carry out checks to verify this requirement including seeking confirmation from relevant Agencies who can provide such information.
- All subscriptions received at a minimum of £5 per draw payable in advance will be entered into the draw using the unique membership number.
- Payments can be made by monthly or annual direct debit or annually by cheque. The direct debit payment facility may be set up over the phone, via our website or written mandate.
- A member may hold more than one 5,000 Club number, subject to a maximum of 20 per draw.
- The total of 5,000 Club numbers may exceed 5,000.
- The income from each draw will be split into three pots: the monthly prizes, the reserve towards the December bumper draw and donation to the St Christopher’s Group.
- There will be a main prize for each lottery although additional prizes, both monetary and/or non-monetary, could be offered from time to time
- The result of each draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winners will be notified by post within 28 days. Results are published on our website and in our shops.
- We promise to comply with all Data Protection Act requirements and protect your personal data as well as storing securely bank information for those members who pay regularly by that method. It will be appreciated by members that St Christopher’s cannot accept liability for loss or delays in or theft of any communications sent by post, email or fax, or for any delays in the banking system.
- St Christopher’s cannot accept liability for the loss or delays in or theft of any communication sent by post, email of fax, nor for any delays in the banking system. Any late payments will be deferred to the next available draw.
- Membership cancellation can be carried out at any time and is the player’s responsibility. Any monies paid in advance are not refundable. Please advise us in writing if you wish to cancel your membership of the 5,000 Club.
- We reserve the right not to accept an application, or to cancel an existing subscription without giving reason and at our absolute discretion.
- It is the responsibility of the member to advise us of any change of address or any other membership details deemed necessary.
- St Christopher’s reserves the right to stop the 5,000 Club by giving one month’s notice to all registered members.
- Members wishing to self-exclude can do so by contacting the Fundraising Team, but will not be able to rejoin the 5,000 Club for a period of 6 months from the date of self-exclusion.
- All complaints or disputes will be dealt with in accordance with our policy, a copy of which is available from the Fundraising Team.
- St Christopher’s is a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association hospicelotteries.org.uk and The Lotteries Council www.lotteriescouncil.org.uk. Both organisations work closely with The Gambling Commission to keep crime out of gambling and to protect the vulnerable. Further assistance can be found on the following websites: GAMCARE www.gamcare.org.uk, Gamble Aware www.gambleaware.co.uk and Responsible Gambling Trust www.responsiblegamblingtrust.org.uk .
- St Christopher’s reserve the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions without notice.
Licensed by the Gambling Commission www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk under the Gambling Act 2005. Operating Licence 000-005256-N-300143-005. Promoter: Martin Belham.
St Christopher’s reserves the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions without notice.