We welcome you to St Christopher's Centre for Awareness and Response to End of life (CARE)
We’re delighted to invite you to the official public opening of St Christopher’s Centre for Awareness and Response to End of life (CARE) on Saturday 25 September between 1pm and 4pm.
St Christopher’s CARE is our new £6.5 million state-of-the-art education centre and a space for you to explore living with dying and loss. CARE can provide the knowledge, skills and support to answer every question you have in regards to death and dying, from ‘how to deal with grief’ to ‘explaining palliative care’.
St Christopher’s CARE is housed in a sustainably designed, three-storey community building incorporating a number of flexible learning spaces, including a lecture theatre, library (with free resources), digital support area, skills lab, bright meeting rooms and a fabulous roof garden. Whatever your professional discipline or personal situation; CARE has courses, workshops and regular training initiatives that can provide you with the necessary information to care for those who are grieving or dying. We’re committed to providing high quality learning for people wherever they are and whatever their background or previous learning experience.
St Christopher’s CARE will also regularly feature art exhibitions and other events for members of the public to have a space for peaceful contemplation.
St Christopher’s CARE offers…a wide range of learning opportunities, both academic and practical, tailored to meet the needs of all our potential learners.
St Christopher’s CARE is…as accessible to a concerned carer as it is to a qualified clinician.
St Christopher’s CARE is… a place that is available to and represents the whole community.
St Christopher’s CARE combines…the latest delivery techniques for online learning as well as (when safe to do so) the very best facilities for face-to-face learning.
Open day activities
During the open day, you’ll have the opportunity to take part in many immersive activities which will help you to explore what it means to live well, die well and be remembered for the things that matter.
- Visit our Departure Lounge and enjoy a Leaving Party with a publicly-curated list of meaningful songs and personal anthems, before setting off on the metaphorical journey of your life to your ‘final destination’
- Wander around our thought-provoking art exhibition, Life Scrolls, in partnership with the Museum of London and the Horniman Museum
- Contribute to a community COVID-quilt and wall mural
- Browse our pop-up shop, with some top finds from our high street shops
- Take a breather on our Time to Talk bench
- Create your very own St Christopher’s CARE badge at our art stall
- Spend time in quiet contemplation in our peaceful landscaped gardens
And, if all of that hasn’t persuaded you to visit, there’ll also be FREE ICE CREAM for every attendee! No need to book, just come along for as much of the afternoon as you would like. Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org