Principles and Practice of Palliative and End of Life Care for Health and Social Care Assistants
This two-day course provides Health and Social Care Assistants working in any setting with the essential building blocks to support patients and their families at the end of life
What will the course look like?
This two-day introduction provides all health and social care assistants with the essential building blocks to support patients and their families at the end of life, in the community, acute hospitals, primary care and care homes.
Attendees will have the opportunity to discuss, evaluate and increase their knowledge, skills and confidence in end of life care.
Our Online Learning Platform will be available for three months for you with all resources from the 2 days.
What will I learn?
On completion of this course you will:
- Have increased confidence and skills in end of life care
- Be aware of national and local resources and services available
- Explore barriers and difficulties that may be encountered at a personal, professionals and service level
- Develop communication skills and confidence to deal with challenging questions around dying
- Develop skills in symptom and pain control.
On completion of the course you will receive a certificate of attendance.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for all health and social care assistants working in any setting.
The first day of this course is free for HELP Care Home Partners.