About the project
The Creating Conversations in Croydon project, commissioned by Croydon CCG, seeks to work with community groups with the aim of helping everyone have a good death by recording their End Of Life Wishes.
The project has specially trained volunteers who seek to encourage local people to feel more comfortable about talking openly about death and dying. After all we only get one chance to have our dying wishes met, which is why this project is so vital.
Our volunteers give talks, workshops, presentations and facilitate Death Cafes within the London Borough of Croydon to help break down this silence around death and give the people of Croydon a voice and to start thinking, talking, planning and recording their wishes.
Spending a short time now thinking about what you’d like to happen on the event of your death, writing your will and discussing your funeral wishes with your family can allow you to get back to the important things in life like spending time with family and friends, building good memories and even plan a bucket list.
Things to think about
- You can write your will
- You can record your funeral wishes
- You can plan your future care and support or those of a loved one.
- You can consider becoming an organ donor
- You can tell your loved ones your wishes.
- You can invite a member of the Creating Conversations in Croydon to your community group, faith group or sheltered home, to give a talk or workshop.
- You can organize for a talk or workshop at your place of work.
We would love you to join our wonderful team of volunteers. Find out more about what the role involves and how to become a Creating Conversations volunteer.
If you would like more information on how to get involved or want to book an event in Croydon, please email Carol Trower on email@example.com