Ultra Challenge has rescheduled their annual Winter Walk to… the Summer!
The event will take place in the exact same route, distances and scenery as the Winter Walk but this time with t-shirts, shorts and (hopefully!) sunshine. Sign up as a team or individually and take to the Capital for a full or half marathon looped route starting and finishing at The Oval Cricket Ground. The routes take in highlights of the Thames and its historic bridges, and many of the Capital’s key landmarks – an active and fun day out in the City!
Covid confident: There is a Covid proven – secure format, with plenty of outdoors space and staggered timings.
Full marathon: A 26 mile (42km) looped walk that heads west initially – then through Central London with a Rest Stop, before looping out east to Southwark Park for a welcome 2nd Rest Stop. Then it’s back along the Thames taking in some of its historic bridges.
Half marathon: A 13 mile (21km) route that heads west initially along the Thames and then loops through the heart of the Capital.
- Start & finish: The Oval
- Good train & tube links
- Start times: 8–10am, or 10am–1pm (depending on chosen distance)
- Rest stops at 8.5 & 17.5 miles (Full Marathon)
- Halfway rest stops with snacks, drinks toilets and medics (Half Marathon)
- Big range of snacks & drinks at the start
- Free summer hat & neck buff
- Summer Walk medal & certificate
- BBQ to go & Summer Walk cup cake at the finish
- Charity sponsorship – pay a small registration fee (the amount depends on your chosen distance), do lots of fundraising and we’ll cover the cost of your event place
- Mixed funding – pay half of the event place cost, fundraise a smaller target and we’ll pay the remaining balance of your place
- Self-fund – Pay for your event place in full and raise as much money as you can
For a full breakdown of the registration prices and options please click here.
We’re here to support you every step of the way. When you sign up, you’ll receive:
- A fundraising pack and sponsorship form
- Regular team e-newsletters
- A dedicated point of contact in the Events Team
Please feel free to get in touch using the contact details below.