Creating an inclusive work environment
St Christopher’s Hospice is committed to embedding good diversity and inclusion practice into all of its activities so that the organisation becomes a richer and more diverse place to work.
Our main responsibilities include:
- advising on best practice in equalities – in particular ensuring the organisation is meeting its obligations under the Equality Act 2010
- developing strategy, policy and actions in relation to equalities
- providing support and guidance on cases of bullying, harassment and discrimination
- communicating with staff on the organisations inclusion practices
- initiating positive action initiatives such as mentoring schemes
- obtaining advice and support from relevant external equal opportunity associations
The organisation uses an Equality Impact Assessment to understand the effects of its policies and practices on staff with different protected characteristics, in order to identify any improvements or amendments that might from time to time be required.
The Workforce Race Equality Standards Report 2017 is available to download below.
Gender Pay Gap information
St Christopher’s Gender Pay Gap Reporting: April 2018 is now available to download below.