How to complain or comment about our services

You can now make a complaint on our website using our feedback form. All feedback can be anonymous if you wish, although if you would like us to contact you to further discuss your comments then you will need to leave a way for us to contact you.

1 How to comment or complain about our services

Your comments help to improve our services.

We improve our services by listening to and learning from your comments and complaints. Please talk to any of our staff at any time. You can also put a note in the suggestions box at reception – you don’t have to give your name.

If you are a patient or carer, you are welcome to attend one of our regular meetings with service users where you can tell us about your experience of the services you have received. Contact the Head of Quality at or telephone 020 8768 4606.

2 How to make a complaint

If you have a complaint we’d like the opportunity to try to sort it out as soon as possible. You can complain formally by talking to any member of staff or volunteer. You can also write a letter, email or note and hand it to a member of staff or send it to the chief executive.

What happens next:

  • a senior manager will write to confirm that we have received the complaint
  • a manager will investigate and reply and
  • if the answer is delayed, we will write to explain why within 10 days and give a final answer within a month.

The senior management team discusses all complaints. It will review how we do things and whather we need to make changes.

3 Getting help to complain

Many people are not well enough to make a complaint, or may feel unsure what to expect. Please feel free to bring a friend or relative with you to talk about the complaint or ask them to help you write your letter. Alternatively, we can arrange for a member of staff to help, or give you details of an independent advocacy service, so please ask for assistance.

4 Getting outside help or an advocate to help complain

You can also get advice and help from the Patients Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) for the Bromley Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). Contact the CCG for the PALS address and phone number by telephoning Bromley CCG switchboard on 01689 866 544.

5 Complaints about our response

We hope our investigation will give you a full answer. If not, you can ask to meet the chief executive. Write to them at St Christopher’s Hospice, 51-59 Lawrie Park Road, Sydenham, London SE26 6DZ. If they cannot resolve the complaint, they may arrange for a review of your complaint led by an independent member of the Board of Trustees.

If you are still dissatisfied, you can report your concerns to the Care Quality Commission. You can write to them at St Nicholas Building, St Nicholas Street, Newcastle on Tyne NE1 1NB, telephone them on 03000 616161 or visit their website at

Alternatively, you can ask Bromley CCG to review the complaint. Write to them at Bromley Clinical Comissioning Group, First Floor, Beckenham Beacon, 379 Croydon Road, Beckenham, Kent BR3 3QL, telephone them on 01689 866 544 or email them at