Living Well at Home
What is the Living Well at Home Team?
The Living Well at Home Team consists of therapists and volunteers working towards your goals with you in your own home. They can support you to try to improve your mobility, cope with breathlessness or fatigue, avoid falls, or enable you to better manage your activities of daily living.
How does the service work?
- Following referral, a therapist will come and see you at home to talk about your goals
- Together you will agree your rehabilitation plan, which will involve weekly visits from a volunteer and some activities on your own
- You will be introduced to your volunteer at your next visit
- Depending on your plan, your volunteer will arrange further appointments with you – usually between six to eight weeks
- At the end of the sessions the therapist will discuss your progress and review your goals. You’ll also have a chance to talk through how to continue your rehabilitation.
What is a rehabilitation plan?
A rehabilitation plan is an agreement made between you and the therapist which should enable you to work towards your goal. It will include a programme of activities for you to complete independently and a programme of activities to complete with the volunteer. It will also clearly state how many visits you will have from your volunteer and when they are. Your goals are the reason for creating the rehabilitation plan. A copy of this document will remain with you.
What about family/carers?
We actively encourage family and carers to be involved with you working towards your goals, with your consent. They can continue to help you to work towards your goals when we are not with you.
How long will appointments last?
The first appointment may last up to an hour. Subsequent appointments and visits from the volunteer are about half an hour to an hour.
When will the appointments take place?
Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. We will do our best to ensure appointments are at the most convenient time for you.
How many sessions will I have?
You will usually have six to eight visits from your volunteer but it will depend on your goal. This will be discussed with you at your initial appointment.
What do I do if I need to cancel or change an appointment?
Please contact the Living Well at Home Team on 020 8768 4651, Monday to Friday 9am-5pm. We will re-arrange the appointment with the volunteer.
For urgent queries please contact St Christopher’s Hospice directly on 020 8768 4500.