Living Well at Home Volunteer
Could you visit patients at home, coaching and enabling them to achieve goals?
Why we need your help
Patients, their families and our community tell us that coping with the practicalities, feelings and questions which arise when thinking about dying and death is challenging. As a Living Well at Home volunteer you will offer support alongside our staff to increase peoples self-confidence and ability to self-manage their difficulties or symptoms in their own home.
What activities will you be involved in as part of this volunteer role?
You will be providing rehabilitation at home. This may include;
- Exercises that may make things easier at home for them (for example standing from a chair).
- Supporting people to manage their breathlessness and help someone to put some techniques into practice when they are carrying out their day to day activities.
- Helping someone to mobilise.
You will not be involved in the following;
- Toileting or personal care.
Anything else you need to know
- The volunteer role will be agreed with you following successful completion of an interview, mandatory training, references obtained and a DBS check
- There is a short settling in period to see if the role is right for you
How to apply
Apply online now
Download full Patient and Family Support role descriptions (docx)