We need you!
Our stores rely on generous donations of pre-loved clothes, toys, books, furniture and other items.
Your unwanted items could find a new lease of life and the money we raise will go towards making a real difference to someone who needs our help.
Donate your items
We’re always happy to receive pre-loved clothes, accessories and bric-a-brac to help stock our stores.
So, if your wardrobes are full to bursting or you’re decluttering your house, why not pay us a visit and drop off your unwanted items. We’ll be sure to give them a good home.
Ways to donate your items
Without your donations, our shops would simply not exist. Thank you for your support.
What to donate
We’ll happily accept most items in store but there are some items that we cannot sell. See our handy list below for more information.
We will be following government guidance to keep staff and kind donators safe.
We would be pleased to accept the following items from you:
- Designer and branded wear
- DVD and CD
- Small electrical appliances that are working – we will PAT safety test them
- Small furniture items
- Large furniture items in good condition (see exceptions in ‘Items we cannot accept’)
- Household linens and curtains
- Mobile phones – to recycle
Please do not bring items for sale into the hospice itself, as unfortunately we have no available storage space on site.
We regret we are unable to accept the following items for sale at our shops
- Crash Helmets and Riding hats
- Knives, firearms (including replicas), explosives-including fireworks or any weapons or sharp objects
- Pirate DVDs
- Baby car seats
- Any chemicals or inflammables
- Duvets and pillows
- Beds or Mattresses
- Cots and nursery equipment
- Broken toys
- VHS videos
- Printers and large or non-digital TVs
- Real fur
- Prescription glasses
- Unusable kitchenware / kitchen equipment
- Medical equipment, mobility aids and medicines (such as walkers, wheelchairs, commodes, walking sticks, zimmer frames)
- Sports equipment (including golf clubs, roller skates and exercise machines)
- Gas and Oil appliances
- Broken bric-a-brac
Furniture we are not able to accept
- Items that are scratched, marked, sun-bleached, broken or overly worn
- Beds, headboards or mattresses and cots
- Fitted furniture
- Triple size wardrobes
- Wide display cabinets
- Disassembled or flat-packed
- TV stands
- Mahogany and dark wood furniture
- Corner units
- Soft furnishings without a fire safety label attached to each item
- Some hand-painted furniture
Unfortunately we are unable to sell these items, and they cost the hospice money in order to arrange for collection / disposal.
Quality furniture donations are always welcome and a collection can be arranged by filling in our form.
Our shops are open and can now accept:
- Large Furniture (see exceptions in ‘Items we cannot accept’)
- Large electrical items
- Flat screen televisions
Furniture collections can be arranged for the following postcodes:
- BR1 to BR7
- CR0, CR2 and CR7
- SE4, SE6, SE9, SE12, SE13, SE14, SE15 and SE19 to SE27
You might also be interested in:
Whether you are a customer, volunteer or donor of items we can sell, you are helping us achieve so much more.
We have over 20 stores across south east London - find your local and pick up a bargain
Shop for Sustainable Fashion with St Christopher's and be a champion for change