Job vacancy details
Orderly (Housekeeping Assistant)
- General Services
- £17,289 per annum FTE
- Permanent - Part Time
- 27.5 & 12.5 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 29 November 2020
This is a fantastic opportunity to work at a leading Hospice who aspires to a world in which all dying people and those close to them have access to care and support, whenever and wherever they need it. St Christopher’s Hospice was founded in 1967 by Dame Cicely Saunders and formed part of the modern hospice movement. Proudly celebrating over 50 years and with a turnover of over £20 million, we provide invaluable care and support to over 7,500 people across the five London Boroughs of Bromley, Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark.
Your new role
We currently have 2 fantastic roles that have come up in our housekeeping team, please see details below:
- Orderly for our new CARE Centre – 27.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Evening Orderly – 12.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
We are looking to recruit efficient, organised and reliable cleaners/housekeeping assistants to maintain given areas to a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene. You will comply with specific hospice policies and procedures maintaining particular regard to cleanliness, tidiness, infection control, health and safety and patient comfort.
The successful candidates will be an integral part of our Housekeeping team, have excellent communication skills and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
It is essential for the post holders to be flexible to meet the demands of the department and to cover additional hours, annual leave and sickness (which may include other evenings, weekends or bank holidays). Previous cleaning experience is essential, experience of cleaning in a similar healthcare environment would also be desirable i.e. Hospital / Nursing home, however, full training will be given to the right candidates.
Benefits of joining St Christopher’s
- You will gain a stimulating and rewarding career with an opportunity to influence and make a real difference in the community
- Access to excellent training and development opportunities
- A number of health and wellbeing schemes
- A competitive contributory pension scheme and life assurance scheme with generous beneficiary plan
- Access to plenty of free local street parking.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Rae Keeley on 020 8768 4558 or email@example.com
To apply for this position please click the ‘Apply Online’ button below.
Closing Date: 29th November 2020 at Midnight
For any queries, please contact our recruitment line on 0208 768 4680