Job vacancy details
- £32,372 per annum FTE (pro rata salary of £19,423.20)
- Fixed Term - Part Time
- 21.6 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 5 May 2021
This is a fantastic opportunity to work at a leading Hospice who aspires to a world in which all dying people and those close to them have access to care and support, whenever and wherever they need it. St Christopher’s Hospice was founded in 1967 by Dame Cicely Saunders and formed part of the modern hospice movement. Proudly celebrating over 50 years and with a turnover of over £20 million, we provide invaluable care and support to over 7,500 people across the five London Boroughs of Bromley, Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark.
Your new role
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our busy and ambitious fundraising team, comprising of 20 fundraisers who raise around £8.5 million annually to support the hospice’s work through the full range of fundraising activities.
As the Commercial Fundraiser, you will creatively support the fundraising team, especially the major donor and community and event teams to raise more money by improving the commercial viability of event activity, including online digital fundraising such as running online auctions on e-bay. You will be responsible for identifying new event opportunities as well as working on the existing programme of events such as the new postcard auction - Mystery Masterpieces, the commercial fundraiser taking direct responsibility for the online auction. If the Food Festival, and Christmas Market go ahead, you will be responsible for securing the online traders and setting up the online trading platforms. In addition, you will take responsibility for creating a digital Open Gardens offer to run alongside the real time garden openings.
Please note, this role is a job share working with our Retail department, and is offered on a 6-month fixed term contract with a possibility to renew for a further 6 months.
To succeed in this role
- We are looking for someone with significant experience in creating digital solutions to generate income.
- You will have experience working in a commercial / retail environment and be skilled in selling and negotiating.
- You will need to be skilled at building relationships with both supporters and internal stakeholders at all levels within the organisation as well as external partners in the commercial world, and thus you will be an excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- It is important that you are confident in entering and manipulating data. Target setting and adjusting activity to reflect market conditions and upon completion analysing performance to identify learnings to be incorporated into future activity.
- You will need to be a self-starter, highly motivated, a problem solver and organised with the ability to multi-task and concurrently manage multiple complex projects.
- Last and certainly not least, you will be confident, articulate and outgoing, possessing an open, enquiring mind and have a passion for fundraising and commitment to the values of St Christopher’s.
Benefits of joining St Christopher’s
- You will gain a stimulating and rewarding career with an opportunity to influence and make a real difference in the community
- Access to excellent training and development opportunities
- Season ticket loans
- A number of health and wellbeing schemes
- A competitive contributory pension scheme and life assurance scheme with generous beneficiary plan
- Working from home options
- Access to plenty of free local street parking.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Philippa Kelham – Director of Campaigns on 0208 768 4584 or P.Kelham@stchristophers.org.uk
To apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply Online’ button below.
Closing Date: 5th May 2021 at Midnight
Interview Date: TBC
Please note, each application is scored according to how well the supporting statement addresses each point on the Person Specification for the role. When writing your supporting statement please use examples/evidence to demonstrate how you meet the criteria.
In the event we receive a high amount of applications, we reserve the right to close the job earlier than the initial closing date.
For any queries, please contact our recruitment line on 0208 768 4680