Job vacancy details
Digital Marketing Manager
- Communications & Marketing
- £32,855 per annum
- Fixed Term - Full Time
- 36 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 13 May 2021
This is a fantastic opportunity to work at a leading Hospice who aspires to a world in which all dying people and those close to them have access to care and support, whenever and wherever they need it. St Christopher’s Hospice was founded in 1967 by Dame Cicely Saunders and formed part of the modern hospice movement. Proudly celebrating over 50 years and with a turnover of over £20 million, we provide invaluable care and support to over 7,500 people across the five London Boroughs of Bromley, Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark.
Your new role
We have an exciting new position for a Digital Marketing Manager to join our spirited Communications team, who lead on all marketing and communications activities for the hospice – covering the effective promotion of our clinical services, St Christopher’s CARE (our education offer), fundraising appeals, our charity shops and commercial partnerships.
As the Digital Marketing Manager, you will take the lead on digital projects, working with teams across the hospice to design and deliver creative marketing plans to achieve the greatest possible impact. You will have a key focus on increasing engagement and audience growth, building awareness and raising funds for St Christopher’s through the use of digital platforms such as the hospice Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube accounts, interacting regularly with our diverse followers and building meaningful relationships online.
Please note that this role is initially being offered on a 6-month Fixed Term Contract, with a strong possibility of going permanent for the right candidate.
We would welcome applications for job share.
To succeed in this role
- We will need someone with demonstrable experience of successfully managing digital platforms, particularly social media networks and email campaigns to drive engagement and awareness and generate income.
- You will have a proven track record managing, growing and engaging large-scale social media communities across platforms (especially Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube).
- You will be a creative thinker and adept at dreaming up fresh, innovative and engaging campaigns with the ability to put yourself in the shoes of others so the creator captures the attention of the intended audience and encourages action.
- It is essential that you have excellent attention to detail and strong copywriting skills with the ability to generate engaging emails, snappy social copy and insightful articles for our intranet
- It is important that you have demonstrable experience of creating and delivering effective digital marketing campaigns (including managing paid-for advertising) to different audiences
- You will be a confident communicator and be skilled at building strong working relationships and advising colleagues on measuring success, channel planning and efficient marketing.
If this sounds like you, we will be excited to hear from you!
Benefits of joining St Christopher’s
- You will gain a stimulating and rewarding career with an opportunity to influence and make a real difference in the community
- Access to excellent training and development opportunities
- Season ticket loans
- A number of health and wellbeing schemes
- A competitive contributory pension scheme and life assurance scheme with generous beneficiary plan
- Access to plenty of free local street parking.
- Working from home options
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Emily Baddeley - Head of Communications and Marketing, on 0208 768 4585 or E.Baddeley@stchristophers.org.uk
Please have a look at our website for further information on all aspects of St Christopher’s at www.stchristophers.org.uk and to apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply Online’ button below.
Closing Date: 13th May 2021 at Midnight
Interview Date: 21st May 2021
In the event we receive a high amount of applications, we reserve the right to close the job earlier than the initial closing date.
For any queries, please contact our recruitment line on 0208 768 4680