Job vacancy details
Community Practice Development Lead
- Community Action
- £38,296 per annum FTE (pro rata salary of £22,977.60)
- Fixed Term - Part Time
- 21.6 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 4 July 2021
We have an exciting opportunity for someone committed to working with community members and people with lived experience to support their initiatives and ideas related to death dying and loss.
Based in the Community Action Team at St Christopher’s Hospice, the Community Practice Development Lead will be a key part of our work on societal change, developing community-based projects which explore new modes of care for others and ourselves at the end of life, and build confidence for a range of community members in end of life processes and planning.
To succeed in this role, you will:
- Ensure that the way we do things is participatory, shares leadership and looks for opportunities across all our work to enable community members and citizens in End of Life issues.
- Have a passion for working with people to support their initiatives and ideas and build strong relationships with them.
- Support people with lived experience to address their own ambitions for helping themselves and each other.
- Be committed to societal change and of working together to take new approaches to seemingly entrenched challenges.
- Comfortable and reflexive about changing power and leadership in healthcare and keen to learn and help others understand the potential of these approaches.
- Able to explore and work with people at the end of life and death, dying and loss, and appreciate intersectional experiences of life, death and loss.
We are a world-leading hospice aspiring to a world in which all dying people and those close to them have access to care and support, whenever and wherever they need it. St Christopher’s Hospice was founded in 1967 by Dame Cicely Saunders and formed part of the modern hospice movement. Proudly celebrating over 50 years and with a turnover of over £20 million, we provide invaluable care and support to over 7,500 people across the five London Boroughs of Bromley, Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark. We seek to work in partnership with communities to find ways to respond to societal need and create change, and to develop a mutual response to a population which is living with growing challenges.
Please note that this post is being offered on a 3-year Fixed Term Contract, and there will be an opportunity for flexibility regarding work hours.
St Christopher’s is an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, faith and religion, disability and age, although we are underrepresented across the organisation with BAME and LGBT employees, and thus we encourage applications from these groups.
Benefits of joining St Christopher’s
- You will gain a stimulating and rewarding role with an opportunity to influence and make a real difference in the community
- Access to excellent training and development opportunities
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- A number of health and wellbeing schemes
- A competitive contributory pension scheme and life assurance scheme with generous beneficiary plan
- An onsite staff canteen
- Access to plenty of free local street parking
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Mary Hodgson, Community Action Lead on 0208 768 4761 or M.Hodgson@StChristophers.org.uk
Please have a look at our website for further information on all aspects of St Christopher’s at www.stchristophers.org.uk and to apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply Online’ button below.
Closing Date: 4th July 2021 at Midnight
Interview Date: TBC
In the event we receive a high amount of applications, we reserve the right to close the job earlier than the initial closing date.
For any queries, please contact our recruitment line on 0208 768 4680