Job vacancy details
- Allied Health Professionals
- £38,601 - £49,325 per annum FTE (inclusive of HCA)
- Permanent - Part Time
- 22.5 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 8 August 2021
This is a fantastic opportunity to work at a leading Hospice who aspires to a world in which all dying people and those close to them have access to care and support, whenever and wherever they need it. St Christopher’s Hospice was founded in 1967 by Dame Cicely Saunders and formed part of the modern hospice movement. Proudly celebrating over 50 years and with a turnover of over £20 million, we provide invaluable care and support to over 7,500 people across the five London Boroughs of Bromley, Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark.
Your new role
We have an exciting opportunity that has arisen for an experienced and ambitious Dietitian to join our spirited Allied Health Professionals team. The team comprises of Occupational therapists, Physiotherapists, Rehabilitation Assistants, and a Speech and Language Therapist, offering rehabilitation to patients to help improve their quality of life.
You will play a key part within the team, providing a specialised dietetic service including nutritional assessment, dietary advice and counselling, developing care plans and communicating these with relevant health and other care agencies. In addition, you will provide a clinical dietetic service across the in-patient setting, out-patient clinics and other venues as required, and work as part of St Christopher’s multi-disciplinary team, contributing to high quality, goal-focussed patient care and support.
To succeed in this role
- You will possess a BSc in Nutrition & Dietetics or BSc in relevant Science, plus a post graduate diploma in Dietetics.
- You will be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.
- You will have a minimum of 3 years post graduate experience, which should involve Oncology, Palliative Care and/or neurological work.
- You will bring with you in depth knowledge and understanding of dietetic interventions in relation to patients accessing specialist palliative care.
- It is essential that you have experience of multi-disciplinary team working, and have the ability to work efficiently as an autonomous practitioner.
- You will show evidence of highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal, and have the ability to deliver teaching sessions and presentations relating to your own role.
- It is just as important to us that you have a pleasant and calm manner, with a passion for working within a diverse clinical team.
If this sounds like you, we will be excited to hear from you!
Benefits of joining St Christopher’s
- You will gain a stimulating and rewarding career with an opportunity to influence and make a real difference in the community
- Access to excellent training and development opportunities
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- A number of health and wellbeing schemes
- A competitive contributory pension scheme and life assurance scheme with generous beneficiary plan
- An onsite staff canteen
- Access to plenty of free local street parking.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Lorna Pearce – Clinical Team Lead (Rehabilitation & Wellbeing), on 0208 768 4700 or L.Pearce@stchristophers.org.uk
Please have a look at our website for further information on all aspects of St Christopher’s at www.stchristophers.org.uk and to apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply Online’ button below.
Closing Date: 8th August 2021 at Midnight
Interview Date: TBC
In the event we receive a high amount of applications, we reserve the right to close the job earlier than the initial closing date.
For any queries, please contact our recruitment line on 0208 768 4680