Job vacancy details
Steward & Patient Driver
- Portering and Fleet Services
- £22,355 rising to £23,145 per annum
- Permanent - Full Time
- 37.5 hours (to work across a 7 day rota)
- Closing date:
- 27 October 2021
Hours/Tenure: 37.5 hours per week (To work 5 days across a 7-day rota)
Salary: £22,355 rising to £23,145 per annum
St Christopher’s Hospice was founded in 1967 by Dame Cicely Saunders and formed part of the modern hospice movement. Proudly celebrating over 50 years and with a turnover of over £20 million, we provide invaluable care and support to over 6,000 people across the five London Boroughs of Bromley, Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark.
Your new role
This is an exciting role to work within our busy Stewards/Patient Driver department.
Our team of stewards play a vital role in the smooth and efficient operations of the hospice including routinely dealing with death and dying (including transporting deceased bodies to and from our mortuary, including supporting family viewings and liaising with funeral directors). Your role will often involve supporting patients when they arrive at the hospice, ensuring they are safety escorted to our Inpatient Unit (IPU).
In addition, the role has a breadth of other responsibilities as contained in the Job Description such as transporting equipment, responding to patients needs including garden visits, requests from different departments and building security.
To succeed in this role
A desirable candidate will be;
- Motivated and compassionate with excellent interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and flexible
- Have a basic understanding of health & safety and security
- The ability to lift goods (With support if appropriate)
- Hold a full clean driver license (essential)
Benefits of joining St Christopher’s
- You will gain a stimulating and rewarding career with an opportunity to influence and make a real difference in the community
- Access to excellent training and development opportunities
- Season ticket loans/cycle to work scheme
- A number of health and wellbeing initiatives
- A competitive contributory pension scheme with life assurance scheme with generous beneficiary plan
- An onsite staff canteen
- Access to plenty of free local street parking
For any queries about the role, please contact the Recruitment Team at Recruitment@stchristophers.org.uk
Please have a look at our website for further information on all aspects of St Christopher’s at www.stchristophers.org.uk and to apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply Online’ button below.
Closing Date: 27th October 2021 at Midnight
Interview Date: 10th November 2021
In the event we receive a high amount of applications, we reserve the right to close the job earlier than the initial closing date.
For any queries, please contact our recruitment line on 0208 768 4680