Job vacancy details
IT Helpdesk Assistant
- Information Technology (IT)
- £22,355 -£24,060
- Permanent - Full Time
- 36 Hours Per Week
- Closing date:
- 6 December 2021
St Christopher’s Hospice was first established in 1967 and has been operating for a total of 50+ years. We pride ourselves in being more than ‘just a hospice’. By being committed to people – both patients and staff through the constant development of our education and research programmes.
We are based in two locations which includes Sydenham and Orpington and have a community outreach of 1.6 million. Serving the local communities of Lewisham, Lambeth, Southwark, Bromley and Croydon. We have a workforce of around 600+ employees and we are supported by 1350 volunteers.
Your new role:
This role is an exciting opportunity for someone an IT Helpdesk Assistant who is aspiring to take the next step in their career and is looking to seek employment with established brand; who has a strong market presence. The successful job holder will have a great passion for helping people with their technical problems. They will be the frontline IT support person and will have the ability to use their own initiative to provide a solution to problems as they arise. The successful job holder will be required to carry out the following duties (but will not be limited to):
- To provide excellent customer service to all those requiring IT support onsite and offsite (using remote IT support tools).
- To record all requests for IT support on the IT helpdesk system, escalating any priority calls as required.
- To respond to and resolve first line IT support queries.
- Other activities and IT related projects, including the logging of IT assets, following the joiners and leavers process, and assisting the IT team with software patching, desktop upgrades and support the IT team with IT project work as required.
To be successful in the role:
- To be successful in the role the successful job holder must be Microsoft accredited or in the process of training for one or more of the Microsoft support certifications. As they will be required to provide first line support to staff who require assistance with Microsoft office products.
- We are looking for someone who is able to support with management of the IT helpdesk system; with the ability to prioritise and escalate calls when required.
- Someone who is able to respond to first line IT support calls (via email, telephone and the helpdesk system) and also has the ability to resolve issues and provide face to face IT support to staff when required.
- Someone who is able to respond to faults, provide assistance when required and carry out change requests. Someone who is able to ensure the starter/leaver process is followed, providing assistance with IT project work, whilst playing an active role in problem solving (e.g. identify and flag IT helpdesk calls which are impacting staff, assisting with software patching and desktop upgrades when required)
- Finally, we are looking for someone who is able to maintain an efficient filing system for asset management, provide cover in staff absence, keep up to date with recent trends in IT and someone who has the ability to work collaborative as part of a team.
Closing Date: 6th December 2021 at midnight
In the event we recieve a high volume of applications, we reserve the right to close the job earlier than the initial closing date.
For any queries, please contact our recruitment line on 0208 768 4680