Job vacancy details
House Keeping Assistant
- General Services
- £17,635 per annum FTE (pro rata salary of £14,108)
- Permanent - Part Time
- 12.5 (evening working required Monday-Friday)
- Closing date:
- 7 December 2021
This is a fantastic opportunity to work at a leading Hospice who aspires to a world in which all dying people and those close to them have access to care and support, whenever and wherever they need it. St Christopher’s Hospice was founded in 1967 by Dame Cicely Saunders and formed part of the modern hospice movement. Proudly celebrating over 50 years and with a turnover of over £20 million, we provide invaluable care and support to over 7,500 people across the five London Boroughs of Bromley, Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark.
Your new role
We currently have a fantastic role that has come up in our housekeeping team. We are looking to recruit an efficient, organised and reliable cleaner/house keeper to maintain given areas to a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene. You will comply with specific hospice policies and procedures maintaining particular regard to cleanliness, tidiness, infection control, health and safety and patient comfort.
To succeed in this role
- You will have excellent communication skills and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- It is essential for the post holder to be flexible to meet the demands of the department and to cover additional hours, annual leave and sickness (which may include other evenings, weekends or bank holidays).
- You will need previous cleaning experience. Experience of cleaning in a similar healthcare environment would also be desirable i.e. Hospital / Nursing home, however, full training will be given to the right candidate.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Rae Keeley on 020 8768 4558 or email@example.com
Please have a look at our website for further information on all aspects of St Christopher’s at www.stchristophers.org.uk and to apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply Online’ button below.
Closing Date: 7th December 2021 at Midnight
Provisional Interview Date: 9th Decemeber 2021 (via Zoom)
In the event we receive a high amount of applications, we reserve the right to close the job earlier than the initial closing date.
For any queries, please contact our recruitment line on 0208 768 4680