Job vacancy details
- Permanent - Full Time
- 36 Hours Per Week
- Closing date:
- 19 January 2022
St Christopher’s Hospice was founded in 1967 by Dame Cicely Saunders and formed part of the modern hospice movement. Proudly celebrating over 50 years and with a turnover of over £20 million, we provide invaluable care and support to over 6,000 people across the five London Boroughs of Bromley, Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark.
Your new Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a local charity with a brilliant reputation in South East London and be part of a growing community and events fundraising team.
We are looking for a self-starter; someone who is confident working on their own initiative and is excited by the prospect of new challenges. The successful candidate will have excellent personal and communication skills, be a strong planner and be passionate about making a difference at St Christopher’s. Applicants must be comfortable in a team environment and enjoy working closely with supporters, building lasting relationships, and motivating people to raise much needed funds for the hospice.
This is a Community Fundraiser role with a focus on fundraising from challenge/sporting events taking place both in the UK and internationally. We are offering a great opportunity to join our Sydenham based fundraising team. This is a full-time position which will require you to do occasional evening and weekend work as required. The role will offer opportunities to those seeking a career in the Third Sector with hands-on experience of challenge events fundraising and working in the community.
Benefits of joining St Christopher’s
- You will gain a stimulating and rewarding career with an opportunity to influence and make a real difference in the community
- A competitive and progressive salary.
- Enhanced hourly rates for working unsocial hours
- NHS Pension (for active members who wish to transfer and continue their membership)
- Group Pension Plan for non-NHS Pension Staff
- At Least 27 days full time equivalent (rising up to 33 day with service) Annual Leave, plus statutory Bank Holidays normally observed in England and Wales.
- Access to regular Clinical Supervision
- Employee Assistance and Wellbeing support – Employee Assistance Programme – as part of a Corporate Health & Wellbeing Strategy
- Season Ticket Loan
- Free local street parking at Sydenham site.
To download an application pack, including a full job description, please visit www.stchristophers.org.uk. Completed applications can be posted to the Human Resources Department or emailed to email@example.com.
Closing date: 19 January 2022
Interviews: January 2022
Registered Charity: 210667
For any queries, please contact our recruitment line on 0208 768 4680