Job vacancy details
Education Support Officer - Training Support
- The Education Arm of St Christopher’s CARE
- £24,312 per annum
- Permanent - Full Time
- 36 hours per week (Monday - Friday)
- Closing date:
- 17 January 2022
This is a fantastic opportunity to work at a leading Hospice who aspires to a world in which all dying people and those close to them have access to care and support, whenever and wherever they need it. St Christopher’s Hospice was founded in 1967 by Dame Cicely Saunders and formed part of the modern hospice movement. Proudly celebrating over 50 years and with a turnover of over £20 million, we provide invaluable care and support to over 7,500 people across the five London Boroughs of Bromley, Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark.
Via our brand-new state of the art Centre, The Centre for Awareness and Response to End of Life Care team deliver an extraordinary world-first education and learning focused facility at the heart of St Christopher’s Sydenham site. The team working at St Christopher’s CARE deliver a range of high-quality learning opportunities, both virtually and in person. We support learners from a range of professional contexts to enhance their skills, knowledge and understanding of end of life care and provide a space for people to think differently about death dying and loss. CARE is open to all – students, carer’s and patients; our local community and our global partners. The team comprises a diversity of expertise in delivering virtual and in person teaching, enrichment opportunities and education support services.
Your new role
As an Education support officer, you will be responsible for the co-ordination and support of the education and learning related events taking place within the Centre for Awareness and Response to End of Life. The Education support officer will play an integral part in ensuring all events and activities taking place within the Centre are delivered in a professional and high-quality way to provide the highest quality experience possible for all users At large the role will be encouraged to utilize technology confidently to perform duties on various technological platforms such as Zoom (or other video conferencing software), the Online Learning Platform and the audio-visual equipment available in the Centre. This role is ideal for someone that enjoys a variety of tasks from ad hoc to diary management and providing general support and assistance to the Leadership team.
To succeed in this role
You will be solutions focussed and a great team player. Additionally, it is just as important to us that you have the following skills;
- Good level of general Education (i.e. minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent including English and Maths) / A – Level or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Confidence using a wide range of technology including all MS Office programmes, video conferencing, event management systems (i.e. event booking, database) and online learning platforms (or learner management system)
- Experience of co-ordinating courses, conferences and events including virtual activities successfully
- Highly organised with ability to plan and co-ordinate a range of activities simultaneously
- Able to manage time and prioritise work effectively
- interpersonal skills, able to work collaboratively in a team
- Have the ability to communicate empathetically with patients and supporters around sensitive issues such as bereavement
- Demonstrate sound judgement, be confident, articulate, outgoing and with excellent customer service skills
Benefits of joining St Christopher’s
- You will gain a stimulating and rewarding career with an opportunity to influence and make a real difference in the community
- Access to excellent training and development opportunities
- Season ticket loans
- A number of health and wellbeing schemes
- A competitive contributory pension scheme and life assurance scheme with generous beneficiary plan
- Access to plenty of free local street parking.
There are three Education Support officer roles available for 3 separate departments within the CARE team, these are; Learner Experience, Project initiation and Training Support. Within your application please specify if you would like to be considered for all three roles. Alternatively, shall you prefer, please specify which of these three department’s you are specifically applying for.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Dion Bachmann, on 02087684659 or D.Bachmann@stchristophers.org.uk
Please have a look at our website for further information on all aspects of St Christopher’s at www.stchristophers.org.uk and to apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply Online’ button below.
Closing Date: Monday 17th January 2022 at Midnight
In the event we receive a high amount of applications, we reserve the right to close the job earlier than the initial closing date.
For any queries, please contact our recruitment line on 0208 768 4680