Job vacancy details
IT Service Desk Application Support/Training Officer
- Information Technology (IT)
- £25,121 (group 2)
- Permanent - Full Time
- 36 Hours Per Week
- Closing date:
- 28 January 2022
St Christopher’s Hospice was first established in 1967 and has been operating for a total of 50+ years. We pride ourselves in being more than ‘just a hospice’. By being committed to people – both patients and staff through the constant development of our education and research programmes.
We are based in two locations which includes Sydenham and Orpington and have a community outreach of 1.6 million. Serving the local communities of Lewisham, Lambeth, Southwark, Bromley and Croydon. We have a workforce of around 600+ employees and we are supported by 1350 volunteers.
Your new role:
This role is an exciting opportunity for a IT Service Desk Application Support/Training Officer who is seeking employment with established brand; who has a strong market presence. The successful job holder will a have passion for systems, delivering successful training programmes and will be customer driven/focused.
- This role sits within the Service Desk team and is responsible for managing the resolution of application and system issues that come through the helpdesk or via individual staff requests.
- The Application Support/Training officer will support staff to do their jobs by reviewing new and existing business processes, and ensuring that where software and systems are in place, that they are running seamlessly.
- The Application Support/Training officer will train, upskill and coach staff to help them to use St Christopher’s business systems
To be successful in the role:
- The successful job holder must obtain 3 years’ experience in an application or software support role.
- Three years’ experience within an IT support environment planning, installing, maintaining, and supporting business applications
- Good Level of General Education (i.e. minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent including English and Maths)
- Intimate knowledge of computing systems
- Implementation and support of Office 365 applications
- Experience of supporting key business applications
- Experience of training, upskilling and coaching staff to use business systems and applications
Benefits of joining St Christopher’s
- You will gain a stimulating and rewarding career with an opportunity to influence and make a real difference in the community
- A competitive and progressive salary.
- Enhanced hourly rates for working unsocial hours
- NHS Pension (for active members who wish to transfer and continue their membership)
- Group Pension Plan for non-NHS Pension Staff
- At Least 27 days full time equivalent (rising up to 33 day with service) Annual Leave, plus statutory Bank Holidays normally observed in England and Wales.
- Access to regular Clinical Supervision
- Employee Assistance and Wellbeing support – Employee Assistance Programme – as part of a Corporate Health & Wellbeing Strategy
- Season Ticket Loan
- Free local street parking at Sydenham site.
Closing Date: 28th Jan 2022
Interview: TBC (this will be confirmed to successful applicants after shortlisting)
In the event we receive a high volume of applications, we reserve the right to close the job earlier than the initial closing date.
For any queries, please contact our recruitment line on 0208 768 4680