Job vacancy details
House Keeping Assistant - Weekend
- General Services
- £17,635 per annum FTE (pro rata salary of £14,108)
- Permanent - Part Time
- Closing date:
- 26 January 2022
This is a fantastic opportunity to work at a leading Hospice who aspires to a world in which all dying people and those close to them have access to care and support, whenever and wherever they need it. St Christopher’s Hospice was founded in 1967 by Dame Cicely Saunders and formed part of the modern hospice movement. Proudly celebrating over 50 years and with a turnover of over £20 million, we provide invaluable care and support to over 7,500 people across the five London Boroughs of Bromley, Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark.
Your new role
We currently have a fantastic role that has come up in our housekeeping team. We are looking to recruit an efficient, organised and reliable cleaner/house keeper to maintain given areas to a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene. You will comply with specific hospice policies and procedures maintaining particular regard to cleanliness, tidiness, infection control, health and safety and patient comfort.
To succeed in this role
- You will have excellent communication skills and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- It is essential for the post holder to be flexible to meet the demands of the department and to cover additional hours, annual leave and sickness (which may include other evenings, weekends or bank holidays).
- You will need previous cleaning experience. Experience of cleaning in a similar healthcare environment would also be desirable i.e. Hospital / Nursing home, however, full training will be given to the right candidate.
Benefits of joining St Christopher’s
- You will gain a stimulating and rewarding career with an opportunity to influence and make a real difference in the community
- A competitive and progressive salary.
- Enhanced hourly rates for working unsocial hours
- NHS Pension (for active members who wish to transfer and continue their membership)
- Group Pension Plan for non-NHS Pension Staff
- At Least 27 days full time equivalent (rising up to 33 day with service) Annual Leave, plus statutory Bank Holidays normally observed in England and Wales.
- Access to regular Clinical Supervision
- Employee Assistance and Wellbeing support – Employee Assistance Programme – as part of a Corporate Health & Wellbeing Strategy
- Season Ticket Loan
- Free local street parking at Sydenham site.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Rae Keeley on 020 8768 4558 or email@example.com
Please have a look at our website for further information on all aspects of St Christopher’s at www.stchristophers.org.uk and to apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply Online’ button below.
Closing Date: 26 January 2022 at Midnight
In the event we receive a high amount of applications, we reserve the right to close the job earlier than the initial closing date.
For any queries, please contact our recruitment line on 0208 768 4680