- In the community, based in one of the five boroughs we cover (Croydon, Bromley, Lambeth, Lewisham, or Southwark)
How to applyApply online now
Cheer Station and Bucket Collection Volunteer
Are you a sociable person willing to volunteer your time to help ensure the success of our fundraising?
At St Christopher’s we put people at the heart of everything we do. We believe that all dying people and those close to them deserve to have the best care and support, wherever and whenever they need it. We do all we can to make this happen, providing physical, emotional and spiritual support to over 7,500 people across south east London every year. People like you, your mum, your dad, your nan, your sister, your friend, your neighbour.
In order to provide this support, we need to raise approximately £15million every year. One of the ways in which we achieve this is through volunteering at local fundraising events such as fates and fayres with tasks like distributing parking tickets and manning stalls in return for small donations to St Christopher’s. Another way that we raise funds is through individuals taking on physical challenges such as the London Marathon. To recognise the efforts of these amazing individuals and motivate them along the way, we organise teams of cheering volunteers at key points. These are our ‘Cheer Stations’!
We’re looking for sociable people who are willing to volunteer their time to help ensure the success of our fundraising in these areas.
Ways in which you can help
- Representing St Christopher’s at local community events, supporting the event organiser as required, and collecting donations for the hospice
- Representing St Christopher’s on one of our Challenge Event Cheer Stations alongside other volunteers and cheering on our fundraisers while they go the extra mile for St Christopher’s
Why we need your help
- To help us raise money throughout the year at local community events such as fates, fayres, and festivals
- To help us raise funds when bucket collection opportunities arise. Previously volunteers have supported with bucket collections at supermarkets, in the community, and at large events such as football matches
- To enable us to raise money to support our vision in which all dying people and those close to them have access to care and support, whenever and wherever they need it.