Fundraising event helper
Can you volunteer your time to help ensure the success of our fundraising events?
Why we need your help
At St Christopher’s we put people at the heart of everything we do. We believe that all dying people and those close to them deserve to have the best care and support, wherever and whenever they need it. We do all we can to make this happen, providing physical, emotional and spiritual support to over 7,500 people across south east London every year. People like you, your mum, your dad, your nan, your sister, your friend, and your neighbour.
In order to provide this support, we need to raise approximately £15million every year. One of the ways in which we achieve this is through fundraising events, however organising and running events requires a lot of people power! We’re looking for people who are willing to volunteer their time to help ensure the success of our fundraising events.
Ways in which you can help
- Assisting with setting up and/or clearing down equipment required for our events such as marquees, tables and signage. In the lead up to the event and/or on the event day.
- Route marking or marshalling to ensure event participants stay on track.
- Taking on tasks such as handing out water bottles, finisher’s medals, and branded t-shirts at the event;
- Manning specific stations and interacting with our supporters;
- Helping to ensure all of our supporters attending the event are well looked after from start to finish;
- Supporting members of the fundraising team where required.
Why we need your help
- To ensure our fundraising events run smoothly and all who attend have a great experience
- To enable us to raise money to support our vision in which all dying people and those close to them have access to care and support, whenever and wherever they need it
- We are particularly looking for helpers for the following St Christopher’s events:
- St Christopher’s Fun Walk – Sunday 16 May 2021 – Keston Common
- Green St Green Festival – Saturday 12 June 2021 – The Green, Green Street Green, BR6 6JS
- Cycle for St Christopher’s – Friday 2 July – The Green, Green Street Green, BR6 6JS
How to apply
Apply online now
New Fundraising Event Helper role description (docx)