What we are looking for
We are committed to delivering the highest quality of care and support to our patients and their families
This means we are keen to attract dynamic, enthusiastic and ambitious people, who are kind-hearted and can demonstrate that they share St Christopher’s values:
- Pioneering and Bold
- Of and for the community
- One team working together
- Empowering and compassionate
- Stronger through partnerships
Additionally, our core competency behaviours describe the attitudes required for all staff to perform at their best and to support the achievement of our vision and mission and strategic priorities:
- Customer focus
- Self-management and problem solving
- Working with others
- Continuous improvement
Equality and Diversity
St Christopher’s recognises the qualities and strengths that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and we therefore particularly welcome applications from our underrepresented groups from within the local communities and from a range of different cultures and backgrounds.
We have partnered up with a number of external organisations including Disability Confident and Mindful Employer to show our commitment to being the Employer of Choice across our patch and beyond.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, we have committed to:
- Ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicate and promote vacancies
- Offer an interview to disabled people
- Anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments as required
- Support any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- At least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, we are dedicated a fair, accessible and inclusive recruitment process. We offer a guaranteed interview under the Disability Confident Scheme to disabled applicants who have demonstrated that they meet the minimum criteria for the role.
If you have a disability, whether or not you wish to apply for a role under the scheme, please let us know if you require any adjustments or assistance to enable you to fully participate in the process.
As a Mindful Employer, we are committed to increasing mental health at work.
It is an initiative that supports employers signed up to the Mindful Employer Charter to recruit and retain staff and provide them with the best possible support.